Saturday, May 7, 2011

It is what it is

Sometimes, it happens..... Life opens up and takes a big ol shit on your head. After having my job stripped from me this week,  I have now turned into that person we have all talked about... HER!...."I saw her in the grocery store today and she seemed pretty good" "I visited with her last night and she is a mess"  Yep that's me.   I'm the dreaded HER.  The one that is guaranteed to break down at any moment and if your lucky, you'll have a front row seat!

 Ok so maybe people aren't talking about me but it feels that way because let's face it, things just aren't going our way and the light at the end of the tunnel is miles and miles down the road and getting farther away. Its the dream that puts you on the end of a road and the farther you look, the longer it stretches and there's only one way to get to the other end.

I want to think that surely this is one of the moments in time when you look back and say you were all the better for it.  That it can't get much worse but then again.......its me we are talking about.  I am the one that wouldn't win at bingo if I was the only one playing.   Yep, I'm back in my pool but this pool is getting very cold and I hate cold.
  
 10/10/10.....a marathon.  No, I didn't run it, that is comical in itself, but I was there with a group of friends cheering on another group of friends.  These are the friends who have turned around and decided to run a marathon with me.  The friends who check in with me throughout the day to make sure I haven't collapsed into a pile of pitiful on the floor.  The friends who invite me to lunch to get me off my 3x3 sofa cushion.   The friends who spend Friday nights at my house who don't need to talk about the pile of shit on top of my head.  The friends who ignore the stinch but sift through it when I need them to.   The friends who make me laugh when I want to cry and let me cry when I need to laugh.  The ones who remind me:  It is what it is.  

Like Sally Field says in Steel Magnolias:    Life goes on


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Ang. I'm just sick about "them" letting you go. I just can't believe it! People may be talking about you, but only because they love you & care about you and feel like you've been cheated.
    I will never forget the marathon with all you gals & know I'm here for this one, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete