Thursday, May 19, 2011

Faith ~ Hope ~ Love

So today I'm talking about Hope.....I'm skipping over Faith for now.  I know, I know, the rapture is a very short 48 hours away so that probably isn't wise on my part.  But at some point I'll come back to it.

I say I'll come back to it because I do hope that I don't always feel the way I do now about this whole situation.   I hope that at some point, I can look back and know that I learned something and became all the better for it.   I hope for that.....I know I have a lot of work to do but I hope that someday, and someday soon it's really really ok.

But there is also something else I hope for:

I hope in her dreams her baby blues can know the beauty of a pink Gerbera daisy, a storm cloud full of energy, the sun setting over the lake.  

I hope in her dreams her feet can feel the lush green grass, her toes the cool wet sand.  

I hope in her dreams her feet walk a mile and run a marathon.

I hope in her dreams she makes it to the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon, and the Washington Monument.

I hope in her dreams, she bates a hook with a dirty worm, and squeals with delight as she catches a fish.

I hope in her dreams, she runs down the court and makes a last second shot, hits a home run, and serves an ace.

I hope in her dreams she writes a poem, wins a spelling bee, and enjoys a great book.

I hope in her dreams her hands pet a dog, touch a giraffe, and hold a baby chick.

I hope in her dreams, she sees the Wizard of Oz, Mickey Mouse, and Shamu.

I hope in her dreams, she sings the National Anthem, Mony Mony, and How Great Thou Art.

I hope in her dreams, she feels the warmth of a touch, the excitement of a kiss, the safety of a hug.

I hope in her dreams, she jumps off the diving board, rides in a boat, and swims like a fish.

I hope in her dreams, she shops with her friends, pierces her ears, and buys bright red lipstick.

I hope in her dreams, she tastes a hot dog, rides a bike, and eats an ice cream cone.

I hope in her dreams, she rides a roller coaster, eats cotton candy, and sucks on a lollipop.

I hope in her dreams, she ice skates, and high jumps, and does the limbo on roller skates.

I hope in her dreams, she can smell a rose, pick a dandelion, and jump on a trampoline.

I hope in her dreams, she walks down the aisle in a beautiful white dress.

I hope in her dreams she holds her own sweet bundle of joy.

I hope in her dreams, she knows how much she is loved.

I hope in her dreams she:

Dances like nobody's watching,
Loves like she'll never be hurt,
Sings like there's nobody listening
And lives like it's heaven on earth.
        -William W. Purkey-



    

3 comments:

  1. In my dreams, she does all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sniffle, sniffle, sniffle. I hope in her dreams she does all those things, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! I have FAITH that she does dream all of that!

    ReplyDelete