Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Officially official

For two years, and twelve days, I have dreaded this day.

I remember my fears two years ago;  vans, ramps, bath equipment and wheelchairs.  My fears then that mirror my fears today.  I remember the nurse taking me by the hand and telling me it would happen in phases and to take one step at a time.   I am not taking a step today, I am falling into a big black hole.  One that officially marks me as a special needs mom.  I do not want to be a special needs mom. I am but I don't want to be. I want to wake up from this nightmare that I am living.

Today we get a wheelchair.  Please can somebody pinch me?


1 comment:

  1. now I can help, wondered how I could do it before but now I can. And you can- a great friend once told me "You are a very capable woman"

    ReplyDelete